Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Full Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1204
    Reading:  136
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1218
    BP:  145/70
    Pulse:  55

  Mid Day Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1830
    BP:  129/70
    Pulse:  68

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2027
    Reading:  125
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2022
    BP:  147/69
    Pulse:  58

    You'll notice I took an extra mid day BP, today, because I was a bit taken aback by her continuing high BP, especially since I can't seem to tie it to any CHF symptoms. It could just be cause of her annoyance with my new routine for her, and my insistence, once again, upon taking her BP regularly.
    Breakfast: Almost normal, except that I substituted her O.J. for the detox tea; her second cup of liquid was coffee.
    Lunch: V-8 juice with 1 tsp sweet curry powder.
    Dinner: A serendipitous concoction of chopped chicken breast, marinated in a ginger/soy concoction, stir fried with loads of chopped vegetables: Bermuda onion, green bell pepper, celery, carrot and fresh garlic.
    Her walkering today was a vigorous (for her) outdoor session involving three laps of the driveway. She took only one rest, just before the third lap. I didn't keep her from resting, she just kept going.
    This evening, though, she had a painful kink in her neck, although she was not feeling any small-of-the-back or knee stress. The kink in her neck, though, was bothering her so much that she was sitting funny and causing her upper back further stress. I gave her an adult buffered aspirin and a lengthy upper back massage, which seemed to help.
    She retired at 2345. Her light went out at 0015, 9/4/06. Despite her refusal to complain, I sense that I may have put her through a minor ringer on behalf of controlling her blood sugar and blood pressure without medication, over the past few days. She's handled in well. I may give her a break, tomorrow. I'll see how tired and worked over when she awakens in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home