Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Today's Stats

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1916
    Reading:  132
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1856
    BP:  108/50
    Pulse:  66

    The higher-than-normal for fasting blood glucose is because at about 1600 she had a lunch of fresh, sweet raspberries with cream, one of her favorite things to eat. I was surprised that her blood glucose wasn't higher, but the highly refined fructose in fruit doesn't do as much damage as refined-by-humans cane or beet sugar or other refined-by-humans carbohydrates. I had started her morning blood glucose regimen yesterday but forgot to take it. At dinner time I was glad I'd forgotten, as I was curious about what her reading would be, given the raspberries.
    The somewhat earlier than usual blood pressure reading happened because I was worried, most of the day, that she was running on empty, hydration wise, mainly because every two hours when I herded her into the bathroom to pee her underwear was practically dry to dry and I was concerned. She was peeing into the toilet but I haven't gotten used to the fact that our Every Two Hours routine is training her bladder to wait until she's seated on porcelain to pee. Anyway, the time of her blood pressure reading was one of our two hour jaunts. She had her Bowel Movement at this time and when she announced this is what was happening I thought, "Oh, shit, it's a blood pressure crash," so I insisted on taking her blood pressure while she was on the toilet. Well, as you can see, her blood pressure wasn't crashing. It's pretty much in line with her recalibrated blood pressure now that she's drinking that Detox tea in the morning. At any rate, her bowel movement was the rest of what wasn't eliminated yesterday. Fair volume, much better consistency (not rocky), easily eliminated, etc. It still seems to me that she may be retaining fluid around the abdomen, but she's not hacking, which usually accompanies torso fluid retention, so, I think today was just one of those flukes.

Medication Notes
    Two extra strength acetaminophen this morning with breakfast and this evening with dinner. Her knees were really bothering her today, probably from the formal exercise session yesterday, particularly the SUSD practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home