Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Today's Stats

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1240
    Reading:  105
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1338
    BP:  125/62
    Pulse:  61

    That's right, I took her blood pressure this morning, although I waited until she was settled at the table, had wiped her nose, put on her oxygen and had been reading her gossip magazines while I prepared breakfast (sausage and scrambled eggs, this morning). I wanted to see if the furosemide had "worked" as well as it appeared, and it had.
    Today was the first morning of Peach Detox tea instead of coffee, although she asked for and received a cup of coffee after breakfast. She was ravenously thirsty and guzzled her orange juice, which was a good sign.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1913
    Reading:  104
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1910
    BP:  96/50
    Pulse:  49

    Yeah, just to make sure that I wouldn't have to give her any furosemide today, even though she looked, if anything, a little underhydrated, I decided to take her stats at dinner, too. I wasn't at all surprised at her blood glucose, as she had only a light lunch at a bit after 1600 this afternoon: 8 oz non-fat artificially sweetened lemon yoghurt and six olives. But, her blood pressure really amazed me. I think it was so low for two reasons: 1) After her exercise session she relaxed in her rocking chair like a discarded rag doll, and 2) She was just this side of being dehydrated. I've been walking a fine line, today, between feeding her liquids and making sure I don't give her body a reason to start packing them away around her heart. Perhaps I was a bit too conservative.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1600, fair volume, easily eliminated but the consistency was a little hard. When I cleaned her I ended up with a small shit rock in the baby wipe. That's why I gave her six olives for lunch. Probably the consistency was due to her water shed from the furosemide yesterday evening, even though we had a hearty chicken salad with lots of olive oil based dressing and olives last night.
    I decided against a second cup of detox tea, tonight. I think one a day, in the morning, is enough to keep her water level adequate and flowing.
    I also gave her 2 extra strength acetaminophen to counteract any stiffness or muscle aches she might experience from today's exercise session.

Miscellaneous Stat
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2101
    BP:  118/58
    Pulse:  65

    My concern over her unusually low blood pressure at dinner caused me to take one last reading, tonight, before she headed for bed. I wanted to make sure that she was well hydrated, but not overly so, and that the low reading had not been the beginning of a trend. As you can see, she looked very good at bedtime.
    I expect her blood pressure readings to improve, her systolic, especially, as we continue her exercise sessions and the daily cup of Peach Detox tea kicks in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home