Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1217
    Reading:  99
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1215
    BP:  126/64
    Pulse:  57

    Everything looking good. Because it had been a little longer than I like since she's had a bowel movement, I gave her two full teaspoons of Benefiber. I'm sure it wasn't what prompted her to eliminate so soon after breakfast, but it should help later.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1350: Good volume; very good consistency; very easy elimination; easy clean-up.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1602
    BP:  99/52
    Pulse:  58

    Whoa! Interesting blood pressure reading. She's been watching the afternoon line-up of M*A*S*H on one of the cable channels and has just switched over to the afternoon line-up of Murder, She Wrote on another cable channel. She isrecovering from the last few days. She asked me after breakfast if "we had to do any running around, today."
    I told her if she wanted to, I could come up with a couple of things we could do.
    "No, no!" She exclaimed. "I don't want to do anything today! Can we put everything off?"
    Yes. Of course.
    For lunch she's having 11.5 oz V-8 juice, 8 oz yoghurt and about 1/2 cup of MCS's Bread & Butter pickles. Although it might seem a little early for lunch, I'm just pleased she's not heading into the bedroom for a nap at this time. When she said she was hungry and asked, "Whatcha got?", I was happy to oblige.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2011
    Reading:  88
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2009
    BP:  133/62
    Pulse:  60

    Although I'll check again at bedtime, I'm sure her blood pressure will be in an acceptable range to administer a third 2.5 mg lisinopril at that time.
    For dinner tonight I didn't ask her what she wanted, I simply served a modified Cobb Salad. This means I discovered that quite a few of our greens had wilted, thus it had significantly fewer greens than usual, but included fresh peas, celery, carrot, Bermuda onion, sun dried tomatoes, pimiento stuffed green olives, half a boiled egg, radishes and some chopped honey ham with home made Ranch dressing and lots of cracked black pepper. It was accompanied with a slice of grilled Artisan Roasted Garlic bread sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan.

Bedtime
  Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2157
    BP:  131/59
    Pulse:  63

    Looks good for handling a little more medication, so I gave her a third 2.5 mg lisinopril.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home