Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1159
    Reading:  117
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1211
    BP:  143/61
    Pulse:  55

    I'm not quite sure why her BP and BG have been higher than usual over the last few days right after she awakens. It's not that she's sleeping any less, or any more, for that matter. Oh well. The mysteries of Ancient bodies.
    I served her ham, again, for breakfast, with her eggs, OJ and toast.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at around 1430. Unusual movement, really. When she first went into the bathroom she was convinced that she didn't "have to go", that she was merely taking a pee break. I've been mentioning to her, today, that she'll probably have a bowel movement but she didn't think this was the time. Then, when I checked on her a few minutes after she settled onto the toilet, she announced that she thought she "had to go" but "nothing was happening." A few minutes later I checked on her and she was asking me where the toilet paper was, to which I sang my usual refrain, "I'll be cleaning you in all the most familiar places." Anyway, although she thought it was a difficult movement, in fact it was the opposite: Fairly good volume; excellent consistency; easy elimination, despite what she said; easy clean-up.
    We're back to two teaspoons of Benefiber° in the morning. I think the deal with this fiber supplement is that you have to let the body get used to it and allow for a few smeary bowel movement during that period.

Non-stat Lunch
    Lunch took place at Costco, today, and consisted of Mom sampling anything and everything we passed. When she realized that my shopping list was slim and we wouldn't have to hit every corner of the store, she insisted that we "take the tour" so she wouldn't miss any of the sampling kiosks. As well, she had half a Berry Smoothie.
    Since we arrived at Costco about 1515 and didn't get home until 1715, it was a long day for her so I didn't bother to take stats when we got home. She was clearly tired and wanted to take a nap before dinner.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2009
    Reading:  81
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2005
    BP:  138/70
    Pulse:  55

    Her blood pressure has been high enough all day so that I decided to administer four 2.5 lisinopril tablets in all for the day, two of them at dinner tonight, primarily to see if it jump-started her back to her normal range in the morning. She also received the fourth lisinopril at 2300, about 30 minutes before retiring (and turning off her light, which were simultaneous, tonight...she was tired).
    For dinner she had her beloved Costco chicken pot pie, which she requested, with a dollop of sour cream to cut the salty taste.
    I noticed when I rubbed her feet and legs down (rather, I rub them up, which is better for her) that her feet were unusually warm. They were not swollen (her feet haven't been swollen for some time, actually), their color was good, they turned their usual deep pink after I rubbed them, she reported no pain when I asked her and she is not losing sensation in them. It could be that she was sitting hear the heater (which is an electric baseboard heater), which I ticked up tonight for her comfort. They were warm enough, though, to touch off my concern so I took her arterial forehead temperature while she was getting ready for bed: 100.2°, which is at the upper end of normal range but still normal. So, I guess she's fine, she just had warm feet tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home