Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1154
    Reading:  116
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1220
    BP:  145/63
    Pulse:  53

    I'm not pleased with her systolic, but I'm tired of making excuses for it, so it stands as it is. Yesterday was Day Three of Three 2.5 mg lisinopril a day.
    Breakfast involved a slight variation: I served her some of that no-nitrate Canadian ham with her egg and toast.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1647
    BP:  110/59
    Pulse:  57

    Nice reading! Although I gave her a choice, she chose lunch the same as yesterday: 11.5 oz V-8 juice, 8 oz yoghurt and 1/2 cup MCS's Bread & Butter pickles. Her other choice was Marie Callendar's Chicken Pot Pie soup with extra curry, chicken and vegetables and one of the left over pieces of grilled garlic/Parmesan bread from last night. I was surprised with her choice, since she spent most of what could be considered her morning on her feet. But, I respected it.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2049
    Reading:  73
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2041
    BP:  156/73
    Pulse:  60

    As of the above blood pressure reading, taken after a couple of hours of relaxing in her rocker and watching TV, I'm willing to consider that she might be ready for double her lisinopril dosage, perhaps most beneficially distributed as one 2.5 mg tablet at breakfast, none at lunch one at dinner and two at bedtime. I'm going to run this by her doctor for confirmation, but I think we might be There. I want to keep the prescription for 2.5 mg tablets, in case she has days when it would be best to administer a little less. Although the 2.5 mg tablets are tiny, the 5 mg tablets, while slightly bigger, are a bitch to split and ensure that crumbs of the medication are lost in transit, so to speak.
    For dinner she had Mac & Cheese, heartier in the vegetable part than I've ever made it. I'd suggested a beef stir fry with vegetables and hoisin sauce flavoring, but she nixed this. "I want something cheesy," she said.
    "What if I give you a couple slices of cheese as a side with dinner?" I suggested.
    "What if you make that cheese mixture with macaroni that's so good?"
    That's what I did. Maybe tomorrow for the stir fry. Then again, we need to make one of our weekly trips to Costco tomorrow...depending on her slant, maybe we'll get one of their chicken pot pies.
    Although she did not officially have a Bowel Movement, she spent a good 10 minutes on the toilet after dinner thinking she was going to have one, expelled a lot of gas and, without realizing it, a mini-mini turd, so I'm expecting The Full Meal Deal tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home