Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1154
    Reading:  108
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1152
    BP:  122/66
    Pulse:  60

    Her breakfast was a bit varied, this morning. As I took the egg carton out of the refrigerator I dropped it. Upside down. So it opened on the way down from the weight of the 8 eggs left in it. No egg for breakfast for Mom, today, although, game trooper that she is, she suggested I "gather up what isn't on the floor yet and make that for me." I offered cottage cheese instead. That sounded good to her but I discovered we're out of cottage cheese.
    "How about pickles?" she suggested. Pickles it was.
    She got two 2.5 mg lisinopril tablets with her breakfast. We'll do two more tonight then start her on the 10 mg lisinopril tablets tomorrow. I'm going to try evening administration first.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1644
    BP:  119/55
    Pulse:  60

    I'm liking more and more what the doubled dosage of lisinopril is doing. This time, she's ready for it.
    For lunch she's eating (as I write) about 3/4 cup 4% milkfat, small curd, heavily peppered cottage cheese; 11.5 oz V-8 juice; approx 1/2 cup MCS's Bread & Butter pickles.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1916
    Reading:  115
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1915
    BP:  136/64
    Pulse:  56

    5 mg lisinopril dispensed as two 2.5 mg tablets.
    We had a wonderful dinner tonight. I made a salad out of the leftover roast chicken, the leftover long and wild rice with extra veggies and olives, added lots of greens, lots of salad vegetables including carrot, green pepper and Bermuda onion, sprinkled the plates (constructed individually) with fresh grated parmesan and a combo Greek/Italian dressing. I warmed the chicken and rice. The vegetables warmed themselves as they sat waiting to be augmented.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home