Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1132
    Reading:  106
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1149
    BP:  117/64
    Pulse:  54

    Hmmm...considering her very nice BP and that she got a total of 10 mg lisinopril, maybe she is at the point where doubling her dosage of lisinopril permanently would be a good move.

Non-stat Lunch
    She had an easy, restful day, today. When she awoke from a rather long nap she was not hungry, although she was dehydrated so I insisted that she work on a 12 oz of her instant decaf coffee and an 11.5 oz glass of V-8 juice. She knew what we were having for dinner, one of her favorite meals: Homemade hamburgers with cheese, dill pickle relish and a thick slab of Bermuda onion on very fragrant onion buns with a half a baked potato marinated with a blend of piquant Italian and Greek dressings and covered with Parmesan. I think this is why she considered herself "not hungry", although considering that today was a not-much-movement day for her after an unusual string of vigorous (for her) movement days, it could be that her appetite is adjusting to movement.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1906
    Reading:  80
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1929
    BP:  142/64
    Pulse:  54

    The unusual divergence in times between her BG and BP readings happened because I knew we wouldn't be eating dinner until about 200 or so and was concerned that, without much lunch, her BG might be plummeting. It wasn't.
    As far as her BP is concerned, since I'm forcing myself not to retake it over and over and over when I get a high reading I didn't question it. I want to note that she was a little tense when I took it. She was watching "The West Wing", there never seemed to be a time, including during the commercials, when I could either turn off the TV for a few moments in order to get her to relax or when she wasn't hunched forward trying to catch every word of the show. So, I just went with it.
    Dinner is described in the Lunch post for today. Afterwards I offered her a homemade pumpkin cranberry muffin, which she accepted and enjoyed.
    She retired after the news at 2230. Her light went off at 2315. I gave her a third 2.5 mg lisinopril before bed but decided not to take her BP to see if she could use a fourth, even though I have a feeling that her normal dosage will be upped to 5 mg twice a day after we see the doctor.
    Tomorrow I'm going to let her be as lethargic as she wants so she rests up for Tuesday. I'll probably also try to promote a bowel movement before tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home