Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1101
    Reading:  111
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1116
    BP:  126/63
    Pulse:  50

    This morning breakfast included a substitution of a pumpkin cranberry muffin for her usual toast. In addition, instead of bacon and eggs (I forgot to put more bacon out for thawing last night, eggs scrambled in sausage seasoned with Southwestern Fire Seasoning. I also rounded her usual two teaspoons of Benefiber in an effort to hopefully coax her body to eliminate today.
    She awoke at 1045 on her own she was eating by 1145. I think someone's getting excited about tomorrow's trip!

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1728
    BP:  142/54
    Pulse:  55

    I served her lunch a good 45 minutes before this but I forgot to take her blood pressure until I cleared away teh glass she emptied of 11.5 oz V-8 juice and her empty yoghurt carton. I gave her a 2.5 mg lisinopril right after I took her blood pressure.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1954
    BP:  159/76
    Pulse:  55

    I was so surprised by Mom's BP that I forgot to take her blood glucose. She did, of course, get her regular lisinopril dose. I'll be taking her BP again before she goes to bed, of course, to see if a fourth lisinopril might be necessary.
    We had exactly what I'd planned for dinner: Roasted garlic herb chicken; broccoli with homemade Hollandaise sauce; Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice with added chopped Bermuda onion, celery, green pepper, garlic and pimiento stuffed green olives. Afterwards we tried the eggnog bread, we each had a 1/4" slice. Mom loved it. I thought it tasted, well, interesting. Not sure I'll make it again.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2154
    BP:  146/72
    Pulse:  65

    She got a fourth lisinopril. I think I'll ask the doctor tomorrow if there is a different BP medication that continues to protect the kidneys and helps lower the systolic while leaving the diastolic alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home