Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1231
    Reading:  135
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1231
    BP:  126/64
    Pulse:  64

    The only reason I can think of that her morning blood glucose readings have been running high, lately, is that she's been sleeping a lot, lot, lot. This morning I started in on her at 1000, since she went to bed so early last night. As you can see, she ignored me until noon. I'm past worrying about her sleeping, anymore, as it seems to go in periods, but I'd like to see her getting back to her normal 14 hours between night and naps. Although she continues to look good, it's been obvious that she hasn't had a lot of energy and I can see, from her most recent blood draw, that, her fluctuating hemoglobin may be having something to do with it.
    Breakfast was normal. Today I upped her regular dose of Benefiber® to 1 tbl. It will remain this way. I'll only mention it again if I give her more or less.

Non-stat Lunch
    For the first time in a long time she had a regular lunch at about 1715: 11.5 oz V-8 juice; about 3/4 cup small curd 4% milkfat cottage cheese; about 1/2 cup of MCS's Bread & Butter pickles.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2004
    Reading:  121
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2002
    BP:  127/59
    Pulse:  64

    Dinner consisted of breakfast, actually, at Mom's request: Kielbasa with two eggs and a pumpkin cranberry muffin with lots of coffee.
    The news, so to speak, though, happened later. Once again, at 0930 she wanted to retire, and although her color was good and she didn't appear to be retaining water, she looked visibly tired. As we were preparing her for bed I noticed that she seemed awfully warm, so I took her arterial forehead temperature: 100.9°, .7 of a degree above the normal cut-off for arterial forehead readings. Finally it hit me, she's probably been fighting a cold for the last few (at least) days, which explains practically everything that's been going on lately: Her unusually early retirement and unusually long night sleeps plus her naps; the chest congestion that wasn't echoed in her legs and feet and came on almost imperceptibly; her mouth breathing over the last few days despite the fact that the humidity has been very low; the coughing I've noticed but forgotten, until tonight. I gave her an adult buffered aspirin and helped her into bed. Despite my lack of notice, her body seems to have been dealing with the cold admirably. My guess is that in a few days she'll be up to snuff. I'll keep my eye trained a little more meticulously on her, of course. She remains excited about our Thanksgiving plans. I hope she can handle them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home