Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1202
    Reading:  100
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1202
    BP:  146/76
    Pulse:  56

    She was up on her own at 1130, just about exactly 12 hours since she retired, I think, although I'm not sure since I didn't record her retirement last night anywhere.
    Normal breakfast. I was concerned about her BP, especially her diastolic, so I gave her an extra 5 mg of lisinopril.

Non-stat Lunch
    Again, she wasn't hungry when she awoke from her nap, a little after 1700. This time I didn't insist that she eat or drink anything with oomph; just some decaf instant coffee. I figured we'd eat dinner a little early and if she claimed hunger before then I'd give her a little something "to hold her up". Although she didn't, about an hour after she awoke I gave her an 8 oz. glass of orange juice to make sure her blood glucose didn't drop too low.
    She seems hung-over. I think it may be the extra lisinopril. Perhaps I was a little too judicious with it this morning. I think, if I perceive a need for extra lisinopril from now on, I'll wait until her evening stats and give it to her then. She seems to handle it better in the evening, especially since it usually kicks in about the time she decides to retire.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1925
    Reading:  140
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1923
    BP:  145/69
    Pulse:  53

    Her blood glucose pleases me. A 140 reading just under two hours after a glass of orange juice is excellent!
    I'm also surprised, but not pleased, by her blood pressure, but I think I'm in a very slow learning curve regarding this. As I recall, maybe a week or so ago, sometime between now and November 1st when we last saw her doctor and he said I should only be taking her blood pressure a couple of times a week, having an episode where I thought I'd learned my lesson. Apparently not. I'm sure, frankly, that her blood pressures are reflecting my tension every time I take them. I need to cut back and take them a little less often. Maybe only once a day, in the evening, maybe, since I've decided not to give her extra lisinopril except in the evening; with the caveat that if I notice unusual fluid retention, other symptoms of CHF or wonder if she's mini-stroking I'll definitely take her blood pressure. And, just because I can't stand it, I'll proabably take it tomorrow morning.
    We had an excellent dinner: Home made (including the sauce) teriyaki steak with loads of chopped vegetables over rice. No extra meds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home