Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1140
    Reading:  127
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1157
    BP:  146/71
    Pulse:  58

    Breakfast was normal. I'm not sure what caused the jump in her fasting blood glucose.
    I do know, though, why her BP was high this morning: I "did something" (not sure what) to my right hip night before last and it's been causing a problem with my knee. I'm fine as long as I'm standing up, but when I standing up or sitting down is painful for the outside of my knee. Going up and down stairs causes me to wince. Yesterday was my worst day and Mom winced along with me every time I winced. She was extremely concerned, this morning, how my knee was, especially since I had a very restless night and ended up sleeping on the couch because I couldn't get comfortable in my bed. My ups and downs kept Mom on edge all night. She was aware of each of my trials at settling into a comfortable position for sleep. Thus, she was also up a lot, peeing and having her underwear changed throughout the night and her bed was dry this morning, so her bath was abbreviated, much to her (tired) delight.
    Despite the fact that I knew the cause of her high blood pressure, I gave her an extra 5 mg lisinopril at breakfast this morning, especially since it looks like it's going to be another day or two, I think, before my leg is normal, again. As a result, although I'm very mobile, my mother is watching me like a hawk and continues to wince when I wince.
    It's a toss up, determining whose night was more exhausting, hers or mine. She napping now. I expect her to be down for awhile.

Non-stat Lunch
    She was awake from her nap and eating lunch before 1700 again today.
    Yoghurt, today, with wheat germ; 11.5 oz V-8 juice; green pimiento stuffed olives, the tiny ones, so she shook several out of the jar, not sure how many, and ate them all.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1854
    Reading:  113
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1849
    BP:  146/79
    Pulse:  66

    Although I took her stats close to 1900, we didn't actually eat until between 1930 and 2000. I'm not sure if her high BP is a result of her worrying about me and my knee. I doubled her dosage of lisinopril for dinner, giving her a total of 10 mg.
    We had a curious concoction that I made up as I went along for dinner: I thawed some of the leftovers from a pork roast we had a couple of months ago, mixed it with a specialty pork taco seasoning, added sauteed onions, both yellow and green, and just before I served it added sour cream. I served it over a very small mashed baked potato. It smelled wonderful and the first few bites were savory for each of us. There was something about it, though, that stuff in both of our craws. We both ate only about half of what we had on our plate. We both agreed that we were "full" at that point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home