Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1258
    Reading:  133
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1304
    BP:  117/61
    Pulse:  58

    I continue to take note of her high "fasting blood sugar" in the morning. My curiosity continues, but she doesn't seem to be exhibiting any other symptoms that might cause me to worry and wonder. I really thought she'd work off that hot chocolate through her long sleep last night. Yesterday I even checked the calibration on her monitor and performed all the other checks to make sure nothing was wrong. It appears as though it's recording correctly. She seems to be traveling away from the predicted blood glucose "vacation time" at the moment.
    I took an early trip to Costco this morning and returned home a little before 1100. Before I unloaded the car I attempted to rouse Mom. She wasn't having any. Frankly, I wasn't surprised. We've got a low going through. No rain but the temperature has dropped a good 15 degrees since yesterday, clouds passed through all day long except for about an hour in the afternoon and it's been windy. I told her I'd let her sleep until 1300, if she wasn't up before then. At 1245 she emerged from her bedroom and headed into the bathroom.
    She looked good; a little wrinkled from dehydration but it wasn't severe. She felt good, too. I suspect, though, that we'll only be getting two meals in today...she laid down for a nap at 1715 and bid me "Good night", which I corrected. But, I'll let her sleep as long as she wants. Today is an "under the weather" day for her, I can tell.
    Breakfast was normal in all respects, including her garlic tablet and a full tablespoon of Benefiber. So far, she's had only a bit under a quart of fluid. She's no longer exhibiting loose skin, though, so I think we're all right. She probably continue to shed water for six more hours.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1545: Very good volume; excellent consistency; easy elimination; easy clean-up.
    Although I had planned Cobb salad for dinner to see if that made a difference in her morning blood glucose. She's been "cold" all day, though, and before she went in for her nap she requested "something warm for dinner, like macaroni & cheese", so that's what I'll make for her; with added meat and vegetables, of course.
    As well, she might be getting a thin slice of pecan pie. I bought one at Costco this morning on a hunch. Although I followed the directions to the letter when I made the pecan pies for Thanksgiving, paid attention to the advice for high altitudes, thought the process was easy and the pies looked fine when they emerged from the oven and after they cooled, neither pie was done when they were cut into at the Thanksgiving gathering (although no one ate dessert, everyone wanted to take dessert home with them). Our hostess slipped the pies in her oven to bake longer but we left before they were done. This morning when I was at Costco I noticed they still had pecan pies left over from Thanksgiving. Since I've never tasted one and obviously had problems making some, I decided to buy one to try, to see what the flavor and consistency is supposed to be like. Their pecan pie is the cheapest of anyone's pecan pies (which I noted before Thanksgiving when I was considering buying one instead of making two). I expect we'll probably throw most of the pie away but I need to see what it is I was supposed to have made before I try making anything like that again. If I give her pecan pie I suppose I should expect her blood glucose to be even higher, tomorrow morning, than it has been lately. We'll see what happens.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1948
    Reading:  95
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1946
    BP:  131/67
    Pulse:  67

    I was right about a couple of things in the immediately earlier post: Only two meals; mac & cheese for dinner with a very thin piece of pecan pie; throwing away the rest of the pecan pie; it's been an under the weather day.
    Her blood pressure is reflecting a bit of irritation, as I insisted on taking it while she was caught up in a Hallmark movie.
    No extra meds. She hasn't gone to bed yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home