Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1339
    Reading:  114
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1328
    BP:  135/62
    Pulse:  55

    Mom had yet another "worried" night: She was up and down several times going to the bathroom, even though I don't think she was flushing any faster than usual. I think, again, she was concerned about me and my knee. Curiously, my knee was feeling so much better by yesterday evening that I remained awake until 0400 this morning, doing a variety of computer and house maintenance tasks that don't get done regularly (but probably should). Thus, I saw her padding back and forth between bedroom and bathroom a number of times so high that I asked her, during her 0330 run, if anything was wrong. It gave me a chance to look her over, too. She didn't consider that anything was wrong. Neither did I, from what I observed, so I think she was just sleeping very lightly. After I retired at 0400 she was up twice more that I was aware of.
    Thus, I let her sleep in until 1300. When I slipped into her bedroom she was rousing herself into a sitting position.
    Her systolic is a little high for her, but I didn't increase her lisinopril. Breakfast was normal.

Lunch
    Because she ate breakfast so late, even though she took a minor nap, maybe 45 minutes if that, she was hungry for lunch so I just gave her coffee.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1530: Good volume; good consistency; very easy elimination; slightly messy clean-up.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1939
    Reading:  115
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1937
    BP:  116/59
    Pulse:  55

    Dinner was earlier than usual because she didn't want any lunch. I'm pleased with her stats.
    For dinner she had Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie soup with lots of added veggies: Chopped carrots, celery, green and yellow onion. Also added a combination of curry powders equal to 2 teaspoons. I also made her a grilled sharp yellow cheddar cheese sandwich on sourdough bread. She was hungry and ate quickly and heartily.
    She stayed up until 2300. She spent a long time reading in bed, tonight. Her light went out at 2345.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home