Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1232
    Reading:  89
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1231
    BP:  133/58
    Pulse:  57

    Now, that BG is what I like to see in the morning after a twelve hour sleep and a few hours without food before sleep. Once again, I note the high (for her) systolic, but it's not as bad as yesterday so I decided not to double up on her lisinopril and see what happens. She reported to me upon awakening (at noon, straight up, as I walked in the door from errands) that she continues to feel "a little coldish" but "much better than yesterday". Her nose and eyes aren't constantly running today, either, and her to-the-touch skin temperature is cooler than yesterday. Although her I took her temple arterial temperature yesterday in the afternoon when she seemed unusually warm to me and it was only 100.2°F, which is fine, I'll bet if I were to take it today she'd be down in the 99's to 98's, which is her normal running temperature. She doesn't want to do much, but I'm fine with that.
    I had intended to awaken her a bit after 1100, assuming that I'd be back from "wandering", as my mother calls it, by 1100 or sooner. At Best Buy I caught myself up in an interesting converstation with a man who had brain surgery about a year ago...then, the cable which I intended to purchase and had called ahead to locate wasn't on the racks, which I determined after laboriously looking for it sans floor help and having to wait for customer service to get to me then look for the cable "in back". By that time I knew I was going to blow buy 1100, since I still had some staples to pick up at Costco that I forgot last trip. So, I decided, what the hell, I jam a few more errands onto the list: picking up a couple of computer books at one store and checking another to see if they'd replenished their supply of a particular ornament I wanted to buy for Christmas presents (yes, I'm sending out Christmas boxes this year). They had.
    When I arrived home at noon I dashed into Mom's bedroom before unloading the car and she was sitting on the edge of her bed with glasses on, blinking at the light coming from her window. I apologized to her for being so late, since I'd told her last night of my errands and she'd asked that I awaken her "at 1100" when I intended to arrive home.
    "I probably wouldn't have gotten up then, anyway," she said. "I was awfully tired this morning."
    For breakfast she had bulk sage sausage and eggs. As she ambled through the kitchen to settle in the living room for breakfast (we watched a movie starting at breakfast, one she's wanted to see since it's been advertised on TV, March of the Penguins; I picked it up at Costco today) she noticed the Robertson's Marmalade I'd accidentally left on the counter yesterday and decided today would be a good day to have some on her toast. "I feel like something sweet," she said. She got it.
    No medication changes this morning. She's napping, now. I'm not sure when she'll be up. "Let me sleep," she said when she laid down, "I'm still tired," which means, "Don't wake me up even if you get nervous." I'll try to honor her wishes.

Non-stat Lunch
    Not a big deal. She awoke around 1700 feeling refreshed (instead of stuffed up) after napping for about an hour. Good. Lunch was back to normal: About 3/4's cup cottage cheese, about 1/2 cup MCS's Bread & Butter pickles and 11.5 oz V-8 juice.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1953
    Reading:  111
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1951
    BP:  112/65
    Pulse:  72

    Now, that's what I like to see. Her pulse rate was a little high, I'm not sure why, but that is a variable I don't yet understand.
    No extra pills or supplements.
    For dinner she had sauerkraut and polish sausage, one of her favorite entrees and a slice of roasted garlic artisan bread grilled with garlic butter and fresh grated Parmesan. She was a happy camper.
    She retired around 2330. Her light went out at 2345.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home