Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1308
    Reading:  139
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1308
    BP:  135/63
    Pulse:  52

    Oh what a night! She retired at 2315. Her light went out almost immediately. Then, just before I was ready to retire, at 0045, she was up again. She said she was hungry and wasn't tired. I gave her 11.5 oz V-8 juice. She sat up and read her magazines. About 0130 I was ready for bed. I insisted that she also go to bed, since when she's up I need to be up and I couldn't remain up any longer. Simply couldn't.
    That was fine with her. I noticed, though, that she remained up reading until 1430. The reason I know what time it was is that I tossed and turned in the glare from her light down the hall. Finally, I dozed then reawoke when she turned her light off.
    She actually was awake probably around noon. I returned home from two errands at 1215 and she was shuffling, with her soaked, unchanged underwear, from the bathroom into the kitchen. She seemed to be in good humor and completely rested. We had talked about window shopping today at the local stores boardering the square but although she felt good, she stuck her nose outside after breakfast, noticed how cold it was despite the abundant sun and said, "No, thanks."
    Normal breakfast. No extra meds.

Lunch
    Again, she "awoke" at 1736 from a very short nap, maybe a half hour, claiming she didn't sleep, which I can believe, and wanting only "a little something." I've been having trouble hydrating her over the last 24 hours so I insisted on a 14 oz glass of water (not decaf coffee...I don't think she needs the stuff in it, right now) and about 1/2 cup of MCS's bread an butter pickles.
    Since she had her pills so late today we'll probably not eat dinner until 2230 or so. If she feels the need for "a little something" more before dinner, she'll get it.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2021
    Reading:  99
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Tonight was my first attempt to keep my hands off the blood pressure gauge and, while it was difficult, I was successful. Her blood glucose looks good.
    Although I was planning something completely different for dinner, Mom decided she had "a hankering" for hamburgers and onion rings, so I went to Carl's Jr. and got her a Six Dollar Guacamole Bacon Burger (her favorite) and onion rings. She slathered everything with ketchup and ate in pure bliss. She practically licked her plate clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home