Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1148
    Reading:  112
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1209
    BP:  151/69
    Pulse:  51
  Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1216
    BP:  137/66
    Pulse:  54

    You'll notice I took Mom's BP this morning, twice, just to make sure I got a usable reading. You'll notice that her systolic dropped 14 points in 7 minutes. Her diastolic dropped 3 points. It wasn't a part of the switch I mentioned earlier involving sometimes taking it at different meals. I was concerned because her feet have been lately exhibiting a bit of swelling in the morning and this morning so did her face and belly. I wasn't sure whether to be concerned or not so I took a reading. It is a little higher than I like, taking into consideration that it was also a morning reading, which always irritates her.
    For breakfast, instead of bacon, she had Honey Baked Ham with her egg. This substition will probably occur often over the next week or so.
    I'll keep an eye on her water retention throughout the day.

BM Non-stat Lunch
    Although she went down for a nap at 1530 she wasn't down long. I'm not sure why. Maybe she's getting her sleep out. Maybe it was because the day is so warm that we've had windows and Arcadia doors open all over the house and she wanted to enjoy it. Tomorrow promises to be even warmer.
    She ate lunch at about 1630: Cottage cheese, MCS's bread and butter pickles and 11.5 oz V-8 juice.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1445 and was a surprise to both of us: Poor volume, it looked as though her colon was releasing what was left from yesterday's movement; excellent consistency, though; very easy, although very gassy, elimination; easy clean-up.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2009
    Reading:  121
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2004
    BP:  150/73
    Pulse:  58

    I didn't take her BP twice. Considering that I've had her on oxygen most of the day because she's been mouth breathing a lot and that the swelling in her feet, torso and face has continued, I figured I got a pretty accurate reading. Thus, I decided to administer 20 mg furosemide to see if we couldn't get the water off. I did not increase her lisinopril dosage. Getting the water off should take care of her blood pressure.
    For dinner she had 8 oz filet mignon and a very small baked potato with margarine, sour cream and chives.
    Since I'm predating this post I'm also reporting a bit about her night. She went to bed at 2330. Her light was off by 2345. About an hour later the furosemide kicked in. She was up and 0030 and again at 0130 peeing. At that point I asked her if she'd yet gotten any sleep. She hadn't.
    I retired soon after her last bathroom call. She was up again at 1430 to pee. She reported that she had slept this time, though, and was annoyed that her sleep had been disturbed. At that point I told her I'd let her "sleep in" in the morning. I'm not sure what that'll mean. If she's not up by noon I'll probably awaken her.
    As far as I know she didn't awaken any more last night. I tuned myself to hear her but I slept through till morning. As well, there wasn't any pee in her toilet this morning. She is a notorious non-flusher when she pees in the middle of the night, which is one of the reasons I try to remain alert to her middle-of-the-night arisings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home