Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  114
    Reading:  1309
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Last night was another up and down night for my mother. During one of her middle-of-the-night arisings she wanted something to eat so I gave her some of MCS's bread & butter pickles and some toast. I can't remember which arising that was but I do remember that her last arising was a bit before 0400, as I remember looking at the clock just before I settled back in bed and it was 0417.
    She wasn't aggitated during any of her arisings last night. During one, the eating one, we had spent a little time in the Not Dead Zone. During another we talked about the book on Santa Claus we're reading in the evening. During one she watched a little TV. Each time she told me that I could go ahead and go back to bed, but I told her, nope, not tonight. She seemed relieved each time I said this. I know that very occasionally she'll have a middle-of-the-night rising when she happily sits alone, reading and, sometimes, drinking water. Last night, though, I sensed she wanted company and I guess I was right.
    Thus, her day today got a late start. I considered letting her sleep until she awoke but finally decided to awaken her at 1300. It wasn't easy to awaken her but I persisted. She remembered none of her middle-of-the-night episodes, but upon awakening we were back in the Not Dead Zone again.
    I wasn't alarmed at her blood glucose. I figured the toast and the pickles were still sluggishly working their way through her sleeping systems. She told me during her bath, though, that she was "ravenous" so I quickly thawed a big link of polish sausage to go with her egg. I also decided to wait until Monday to take her in for her blood draw. No sense trying to do it today.
    No extra meds except an extra teaspoon of Benefiber®. I think this is going to be her regular dosage, now, so I'll change the medication schedule.

Lunch
    Surprisingly, she insisted on taking a nap but it was a short one; less than 45 minutes late in the day. She complained of her back bothering her again just before laying down so I gave her 200 mg ibuprofen. She was up by 1730, "a little hungry", not ready for supper. I gave her some more of MCS's pickles and some radishes.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1932
    Reading:  105
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1931
    BP:  128/60
    Pulse:  59

    I was surprised her blood glucose was so low because of the pickles earlier. Although her stats were taken at 1930 we didn't eat until a little after 2000, as we had KFC for dinner, her request, two Original Recipe thighs, some green beans and some cole slaw. She'd asked for their macaroni and cheese but they were out. It took me a half hour to get it and get back. She ate heartily, even asked for and got two pieces of chicken AND a bisquit, which she hardly ever does.
    She was up until 2300. Her light went out at 2330.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home