Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1001
    Reading:  113
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Today was blood draw day, which is why I awoke her earlier than she's been lately arising. I served her breakfast when we returned home: bulk sage sausage with her egg, OJ and toast. It's fast to prepare. I didn't think she'd want to wait on bacon. I checked the time as she took her first bite: 1215. We moved fast this morning!

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1853
    Reading:  99
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1850
    BP:  104/63
    Pulse:  56

    Only two meals today. It wasn't that she spent most of the day sleeping. Her nap, which she took late, lasted only a half hour, although she slept so deeply she was confused when she awoke and thought it was late in the evening. She also wasn't hungry, so I didn't push it; I pushed fluids in the form of a 14 oz glass of water and coffee, instead.
    Thus, when she finally copped to hunger I decided to fix dinner instead of lunch. She had a couple of thick slabs of her beloved Honey Baked Ham, which I purchased today, about 3/4 cup of cottage cheese, about half cup of MCS's bread and butter pickles and 11.5 oz V-8 juice. About 2030 she mentioned that she was hungry for "something sweet", so I served her a slice of the apple/pecan/raisin pie, measuring an eighth of the pie.
    She remained up until 2200. Her light went out at 2230.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home