Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1130
    Reading:  87
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    She slept through the night, last night. I decided to awaken her exactly 12 hours after her light had gone out. She was easy to awaken. I guess she got her sleep out.
    Normal breakfast, no added meds except the extra teaspoon of Benefiber®. I haven't changed the med schedule but I'll do that today.

BM Non-stat Lunch
    She had a light lunch at about 1545: Two slices of yellow sharp cheddar and about 1/2 cup of MCS's bread & butter pickles. Damn but she loves those things!
    Her bowel movement occurred at 1345: Excellent volume; excellent consistency (no more shit rocks); very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2011
    Reading:  83
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Interesting dinner. I decided to make "french" bread pizzas. I used an artisan bread with roasted garlic baked in the dough and an extremely chewy crust. I covered the slices (two apiece) with home made tomato basil marinara with lots of crushed garlic and chopped grape tomatoes I had left over from something else. Topped the sauce strewn slices with sliced green pimiento stuff olives, fresh Bermuda onion, fresh green pepper, freshly grated Parmesan and pepperoni. Mmmm mmm, sounds good, huh? It was, except that when you second bake slices of artisan bread with an extremely chewy crust for 20 minutes the crust bakes to the consistency of drywall. So we spooned the softened, pizza topping slathered bread out of the slices to eat it.
    No additional meds. I'm predating this to fall into date line in the journal but Mom retired at 0006, December 18th. She extinguished her light at 0026. I'm not sure whether I'll give her a full 12 hours or awaken her at 1130 in the morning. I'll take my cue from how she's sleeping when I check on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home