Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1209
    Reading:  112
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Once she settled back into bed last night, her light didn't go off until almost midnight. My intention this morning was to awaken her between 2300 and 2330 but that didn't quite work out. I became entangled in a business call and didn't manage to free myself until just before noon. This put her night sleep right on the money at 12 hours but I was hoping to shave a bit less than an hour off it this morning. The best laid plans, I guess...
    Normal breakfast, no changes in food. I decided, though, to add, yet again, and extra teaspoon of Benefiber to her orange juice. I'm thinking that I may be amending her Benefiber dosage permanently. We'll see.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1927
    Reading:  85
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1912
    BP:  145/64
    Pulse:  54

    Not sure why Mom's systolic is up but I'm not worried enough about it to increase her lisinopril. I might check it again tomorrow morning. Then again, I may not.
    For dinner I served leftovers: Macaroni and cheese with meat and vegetables and that turkey concoction with loads of vegetables. A little high on sodium but she doesn't seem to be retaining fluids in her torso.
    Since I haven't reported much, lately, I should probably mention that although she isn't doing more than sticking her nose out the door to confirm that, despite the sun it's cold in them thar hills she's breathing easily enough so that I haven't seen any need to hook her up to oxygen except at night.
    I should also mention that, once again, she took a late and hefty nap today: Two and a half hours, ending at 1830. Thus she had only two meals today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home