Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1250
    Reading:  114
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1311
    BP:  141/70
    Pulse:  57

    It's been the acetaminophen, probably, that's been raising her systolic. She continues to exhibit no signs of abdominal fluid congestion and half the time I forget to slap the oxygen cannula on her because she isn't mouth breathing, so I'm sure that's what it is. That stuff takes a good 48 hours to exit her system and I gave her some a couple of times yesterday and the day before. So, we'll just wait it out.
    We're back to completely normal breakfasts, except that two pieces of toast has become a regular order for her, now, which is fine. Because of her lackadaisical bowel movement yesterday and the fact that she had a few small shit rocks hanging on her pudenda this morning, I gave her a tablespoon of Benefiber® instead of her usual rounded teaspoon. Because she's been down more than up and I've been allowing this, hydration has been a challenge I haven't completely met, so I think her bowel movement "problem" is a result of a touch of dehydration. I'll be correcting that today.

Non-stat Lunch
    I didn't bother, I just went ahead and administered her "third" 2.5 mg lisinopril with her light lunch: 8 oz yoghurt, 6 pimiento stuffed green olives, about 1/3 cup of MCS's Bread & Butter pickles and 11.5 oz V-8 juice.
    Her knee and back are quite so troublesome today so I'm laying off the acetaminophen and hoping her blood pressure will settle down tomorrow, although we might be in for one more day of high systolics. She's been very alert today, though, and has been getting up and down a lot.

BM Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2043
    Reading:  117
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2043
    BP:  132/61
    Pulse:  57

    Why didn't I bother taking her BP at lunch? When she's running high (and since I figured out, I think, why she's running high I knew she'd be running high today) her BP makes me nervous and that makes her nervous, thus her BP goes even higher.
    So, her dinner stats look good. I'm sure her normal lisinopril plus the "third" lisinopril I gave her at lunch will keep her under fair control.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1630. She felt the urge while we were watching a movie, which was a pleasure for me to witness. Since she usually evacuates by surprise when she's been ordered to the bathroom for some other reason I'm pleased to know that she remains sensitive to when she has to evacuate: Good volume, exactly for what I was hoping; very good consistency, no shit rocks; elimination was a bit of a trial but I think it was easier than what she reported because clean-up was a breeze and there wasn't anything clinging around the folds. When she has a difficult elimination, clean-up is also difficult.
    For dinner I served some left over marinara with a variety of vegetables and sausage and spices over grilled chicken ravioli with freshly grated Parmesan.
    She retired at 2300 tonight. Her light went off about 2330. I told her I was going to awaken her at 1100 tomorrow in an attempt to get us back on a more normal (for us) schedule, although on this schedule she either barely naps (she took a 45 minute nap this evening) or doesn't nap at all, so it all comes out in the wash, I guess. I might let her sleep in until 1130 to meet her requisite 12 hours. It'll depend on whether she's dreaming when I go in to awaken her at 1100 tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home