Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1132
    Reading:  96
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1201
    BP:  129/64
    Pulse:  56

    She was hard to awaken this morning, but I insisted. No more 1300 wake-ups for awhile. Period.
    Otherwise, things look good. I was hoping for a bit lower blood pressure but she's still working out the acetaminophen, probably, and she isn't retaining unnecessary fluid, so I'm satisfied.
    This morning I gave her yet another tablespoon of Benefiber®, not intended this time. I hope I don't end up cleaning smeary shit the next time she moves her bowels. Oh well. That'll teach me, I guess.

BM Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1650
    BP:  121/59
    Pulse:  61

    Nice! We're almost there, systolically. She even had her arm clenched through part of the process.
    For lunch I experimented with a deviled egg recipe which was okay but I don't think I'll be making it again. She had four halves loaded with a strangely colored mixture which included egg yolks, avocado, freshly ground ancho chiles, proscuitto, grape tomatoes, lime juice, cumin, espazote, salt and powdered garlic. It tasted as weird as it sounds.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1715, just before she laid down for a nap: Very good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up; no smeary shit, not yet, anyway. That might happen tomorrow. Maybe her body's getting used to the Benefiber® and it's time to graduate her back to a tablespoon daily. Or, maybe a teaspoon one day, a tablespoon the next. We'll see.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2054
    Reading:  190
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2053
    BP:  146/67
    Pulse:  69
  Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2058
    BP:  142/70
    Pulse:  63

    Yes, because her blood pressure was high I took it twice and the difference was minimal. I gave her a third lisinopril before she retired tonight without bothering to take her blood pressure.
    Her blood glucose is high because she snacked all evening instead of eating a meal: 11.5 oz V-8 juice here, a slice of bread there, another slice of bread elsewhere, some Bread & Butter pickles somewhere else, she finally asked, about 2130, if we still had any ice cream. We do. She had a scoop. I expect her glucose to be high in the morning but, what the hell. She was in an excellent mood and ate exactly what and the way she wanted tonight. Sometimes moods are more important than numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home