Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1409
    Reading:  103
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1431
    BP:  137/62
    Pulse:  58
  Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1433
    BP:  136/68
    Pulse:  55

    I have no idea what's going on with her blood pressure. I wasn't expecting it to be so high this morning. I gave her two 2.5 mg lisinopril at breakfast to see if that would help. She was up reading until a little after 0200 this morning. She's spending a lot of the day sleeping, today. Still, her color is good, her blood glucose is performing well, she is not retaining excess fluids. Her knees and back have recovered from her walkering stint earlier in the week. Her breathing is good. For all I know she may be working herself up to a heart attack.
    She begged me for a sleep day today. I reminded her that she's had several sleep days lately but she continued to beg and talked about how her "eyes are tired", weird, I know, although they have been unusually swollen lately, so I gave in. Maybe it's just an allergic reaction to all the blooming that's been going on here since our unusually prolific monsoon.
    I expect it will be a two meal day again today. I don't know why but I'm not overly worried or freaking over this Lethargic Episode. I sense that there are little things that are bothering her but that nothing is majorly wrong, maybe she's just ready to go back to 10 mg lisinopril per day, although I'm glad we've got a blood test coming up soon. I hope my instincts aren't taking a Fool's Holiday.     When she went down for a "short nap" at 1630, only two and a half hours after she'd arisen, I told her, "Okay, day called on account of sleep. Maybe you'll be ready for an up day tomorrow."
    "Oh, I think so."
    I've heard that one before.

Miscellaneous
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1949
    BP:  131/65
    Pulse:  67

    I took this BP right after I awoke her from her "nap" today. Since I'd given her two 2.5 mg lisinopril tablets at breakfast I was a little concerned. I didn't do anything, though, since she wasn't hungry and said she didn't think she'd be hungry for about an hour or so. I'll wait and see what she reads just before she eats dinner.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2037
    Reading:  190
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2035
    BP:  110/54
    Pulse:  54

    There, that's better. I'm not concerned about the blood glucose. She had just drunk a cup of pomegranate tea with a squeezed lemon slice in it and, anyway, she didn't move much at all between breakfast and dinner, and breakfast included two healthy slices of homemade bread, one wheat, one white.
    I'm pleased about her blood pressure. I'm thinking that I just caught her at the wrong time right after awakening. She probably hadn't fully recovered from hauling herself out of bed and into the bathroom.
    For dinner she wanted "something warm and cozy". We still had some Costco chicken pot pie left in the freezer. She thought that sounded "terrific".
    She ate well, we watched episodes of Sex and the City, talked some, I rubbed her feet and legs and she retired at 2315. Her light went out at 2330.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home