Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1204
    Reading:  107
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1250
    BP:  123/58
    Pulse:  53

    When I entered her bedroom this morning she was already awake and agitated, complaining that she was cold in the night. The batteries in the arterial thermometer chose last night to stop so I wasn't able to get a temperature but her head felt cooler than it did last night. I noticed that her bed was more soaked than usual. She was complaining about that, too. Maybe she sweated out a low grade fever last night. She still doesn't seem up to par. I'm expecting her to be low key today. She also complained about her knees hurting, about which she hardly ever complains unless I ask her, then, if they don't she's upfront about it. I ask her, in fact, every morning, "How are your knees...how's your back?" and, lately, they've been fine.
    I cut her back to one piece of "white bread toast" this morning. I also gave her one extra-strength acetaminophen for her knees, which seemed to do the trick. When she arose to take a nap at 1530 she didn't complain about them. When I asked, she acted as though I was out of my mind and said, "Well, fine, thank you, how are your knees?!?" As I expected, though, she was only up for 3.5 hours before she decided she needed a nap. She looked like she needed one, too.
    Just before she laid down it appeared as though her face was a bit puffy. I didn't do anything about it, like take her blood pressure. I notice she's been using a lot of Kleenex, though, today, much more than usual on her nose, so maybe she did have a cold. If so, the puffiness will subside pretty soon and I won't need to give her furosemide. Her belly looked fine before she laid down. Her blood pressure may be a little high when she awakens because of the acetaminophen. Come to think of it, that also causes her to retain fluids. We'll just wait it out.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred while we were bathing her at 1240: Good volume, excellent consistency, very easy elimination, fairly easy clean-up.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1828
    BP:  121/62
    Pulse:  58

    Well, her BP still looks good, despite the acetaminophen. She looked noticeably pudgy, though, when she awoke, even though she'd shed quite a bit of water.
    Lunch was very light, as I was roasting a boneless pork loin, the smell of which awoke her from her nap, and she wanted to wait for that. She had 8 oz non fat yoghurt, 6 pimiento stuffed green olives and 5 mini-dills. That's all she wanted. Sometimes the smell of roasting dinner is more filling than actually eating lunch. We were out of V-8 juice, so she had a large cup of her decidedly non-lethal instant decaf coffee.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2121
    Reading:  92
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2121
    BP:  147/74
    Pulse:  64

    Yes, her blood pressure concerns me a little, but I'll bet it's the acetaminophen finally speaking it's piece. I'll check it at bedtime again and probably give her a third lisinopril.
    Dinner was delicious. The boneless pork loin, marinated for about 24 hours in a lemon/lime/pepper concoction, was incredible, tender and well seasoned. I made a type of gravy/sauce out of the dripping with MPBIL's Southwestern Fire spice and some extra ground ancho chiles in it and served mashed potatoes and peas with sauteed onion, celery and bacon seasoned with Greek feta dressing. She ate happily while watching The Last Samurai.

Bedtime
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2307
    BP:  158/76
    Pulse:  64

    This blood pressure definitely rated a third lisinopril tonight. I think she'll be okay in the morning. She was definitely retaining fluid tonight but I'm going to hold off on the furosemide. I'm expecting that once the acetaminophen is out of her system the fluid will follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home