Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1333
    Reading:  119
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1344
    BP:  124/63
    Pulse:  62

    We're getting our hours screwed up again but I don't mind; we had such a good time in the early hours this morning. She had a really hearty appetite when she arose this morning. Before I asked she announced she wanted "three pieces of white bread toast, please." Her wish was granted.

BM Non-stat Lunch
    I didn't take stats because she ended up sleeping through what would have been her "lunch hour" so we went straight to dinner. Probably a good idea when you see what her dinner glucose was.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1545: Fair volume; excellent consistency; easy elimination; easy clean-up.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1946
    Reading:  176
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1915
    BP:  113/54
    Pulse:  68

    There is a big gap between her BP and her BG because I was concerned that she slept for so long so I took her BP about 15 minutes after she awoke. You'll notice that third piece of white bread toast swimming in her blood stream. I was surprised but not worried. Her blood sugar was probably much higher than this when she headed in for a nap at 1600. I was, frankly, concerned that it was a little too early for her to be going back to bed but she was adamant; I could not dissuade her. I took her arterial temperature, too, after she arose. It was 100.3°F, which is a couple of tenths above the stated "normal" readings in the literature and a good degree above what she usually runs when she's normal arterially. Maybe she's got a bit of a cold, although I see no outward signs.
    For dinner we finally had the potato soup with chopped celery, green pepper, yellow onion, garlic and defatted crumbled sausage accompanied with grilled garlic Parmesan bread on whole wheat french bread slices. She was ravenous and appreciative, complimenting both the soup and the grilled bread.
    She started to sag at what I would consider an early time, considering our hours, lately, so I took her temperature again about 2000. It was, again, 100.3°F. I asked her how she felt and she said, "Oh, not 100%". Something must be going on but I'll wait it out and see how she feels tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home