Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Combined Stats: 9/18 - 9/19/05

9/18/05: BM Non-stat Day
    That's right, as I decided last night, I took no stats. I'm not sure if Mom felt any more relaxed, but it was nice for both of us that meals were not preceded with the usual medical device rummage. Mom mentioned that a "no pill day" would be nice, too. I agreed but told her I don't think that's possible. She just sighed.
    Lunch was light, as usual: A piece of home made 100% whole wheat toast with margarine and cinnamon; 11.5 oz V-8 juice; six green pimiento stuffed olives.
    Dinner was the "delicious" last of the home made marinara (bolstered with sauteed celery, green pepper, onion and fried, defatted sausage) over grilled chicken ravioli.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1535. This one was a cleaner-outer: Volume, extraordinary, considering the last several movements; consistency, excellent; elimination, very easy; clean-up, easy. I think this one was triggered by the "accidental overdose" of a tablespoon of Benefiber® a few days ago. Although I've returned to a rounded teaspoon of the stuff in the morning, after a run of merely adequate bowel movements I'll probably administer a tablespoon of it just to clean her out every three or four days, if necessary. It seems as though it took the supplement about 48 hours to work.

9/18/05: Non-stat Day, and Just As Well
    Bad Day at Black Rock again. Damn. I'm having some bad times, here. Although I knew my mood wouldn't affect her blood sugar, I knew is would surely affect our blood pressure routine. In order to make sure I didn't excite it, too much, I simply didn't take it and administered her pills normally.
    For lunch she had cottage cheese, 4% milk fat, about 1/2 cup; six green pimiento stuffed olives; about 1/3 cup of MCS's Bread & Butter pickles; 11.5 oz V-8 juice.
    For dinner we had chili polish sausages with chopped onions, grated sharp yellow cheddar on buns. It was the easiest thing I could think of to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home