Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1243
    Reading:  111
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1304
    BP:  126/63
    Pulse:  60

    Everything looks good. I'll keep an eye on her blood pressure but I don't think there's a problem. She shed an incredible amount of water last night and looks good today, although she's tired. The humidity is way up, although it's not raining. She's not having problems breathing, though, nor is phlegm gathering in her bronchial tubes.

Lunch
Blood Glucose:
    Not taken
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1814
    BP:  111/53
    Pulse:  64

    Looking good again. Frankly, I'm surprised, because I expected the humidity to affect her as it did during the monsoon, but maybe she needs a humidity build-up to do that.
    For lunch she had about 3/4 cup 4% milkfat cottage cheese, 6 pimiento stuffed green olives, about 1/3 cup MCS's Bread & Butter Pickles and, yes, a banana.
    I should mention, though, she's ravenous now, as I post this, despite her lunch. Actually, what she's ravenous for is "cake". "I want some cake," she's been saying. So, I think I'll pull out the frozen brownies and ice cream and give her that for dinner. I won't be taking any more stats tonight. I know they'll be fine. She's getting ready to watch Mildred Pierce. With sweets. I think she'll enjoy tonight.

Non-stat Dinner
    As I mentioned earlier, I gave her brownies and ice cream for dinner tonight and didn't take stats. She enjoyed herself immensely, especially appreciating a Just Desserts dinner and a movie. She had such a good time, in fact, that she was loathe to go to bed. About a half hour after retiring at 2330 she was up again and we stayed up and talked until almost 0200. I enjoy evenings like this with her. Sometimes I wonder if maybe a mega-dose of sugar doesn't do her good every once in awhile; or, maybe more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home