Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1314
    Reading:  131
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1321
    BP:  129/65
    Pulse:  59

    I know it seems late, but she was still up when I made my last post, last night. I finished the post, in fact, because she decided it was time for her to retire. Her light went off a at 0030. So she only put an extra half hour of sleep last night.
    I'm still mystified by her high BG readings in the morning. I'm beginning to think that it could be the lack of movement, but this has never been a problem before. I even asked her this morning if she awoke in the middle of the night and ate. Truth is, she probably wouldn't remember if she did. As well, I'd be able to tell if she'd eaten anything. She doesn't clean up after herself like she used to. Maybe lack of activity is beginning to take its inevitable toll, although at some point her blood sugar is supposed to "go on vacation". All the same, I'll see if I can't gently, gently, Gail, gently, without the two of us becoming frustrated, nudge her to sleep a bit less and move a bit more.
    She was obviously congested this morning, cold type of congestion. Although she's been suffering from this low grade cold for a few more than a few days, this is the first she'd been congested. I gave her a Mucinex tablet for it and have been pushing liquids a little harder than usual. Tonight she seems to be fine. I've felt her forehead several times throughout the day and she's been cool as a cucumber. She's felt good, too. She took a late, long nap, but has been fairly active this evening, supervising the baking of the last pie and the pumpkin cheesecake. She's watching TV, now, and it looks like she'll be up until 2300.
    Since we're out of bacon, I served bulk sage sausage with her egg, this morning.

BM Non-stat Lunch
    Late awakening, late breakfast, late nap, late lunch. She wasn't really hungry when she awoke, around 1730; only wanted her usual 11.5 oz V-8 juice, nothing else. Then, a cup of coffee. I figured, that's fine, she'll probably end up having and "early" dinner.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1530: Excellent volume; excellent consistency; she reported that it was taking her "longer than usual" to eliminate but in truth her elimination seemed no longer nor harder than usual; very easy clean-up.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1922
    Reading:  128
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1921
    BP:  114/53
    Pulse:  63

    Well, her BG may be a little crazy, but her BP has settled down. Since my fingers were knuckle deep in pie and cheesecake making this evening, I made her a quick, meal of buffalo wings and cottage cheese. She was thrilled. This is junk food, to her.
    No extra meds besides the Mucinex this morning. We're still out of garlic, though.
    Just as a heads up, only breakfast stats tomorrow. I'll take her evening meds with me, of course, but I'm not going to bother worrying about anything. Her BP certainly won't be any higher in Phoenix, I'm sure. I have a feeling, as well, that I'm not going to want to know what her blood sugar is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home