Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1221
    Reading:  130
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Although she was up and talking a little before noon, it took awhile to coax her hand over the bed and convince her that her day had begun. The furosemide drainage that took place over the last 24 + hours and the fact that everything she drank yesterday went right through her ushered in yet another "short bath" morning because she'd only barely leaked through. She and I were both thrilled about this.
    I, again, have no explanation for her high blood glucose. I expect it to be high tomorrow, what with the variety of sweets, etc., that she's already had and will be having.
    For breakfast she had, yet again, a thick slice of Honey Baked Ham with her egg. We'll also be having it for dinner. I gave her a "choice" of whole wheat multi-grain toast or 1.5 oatmeal/raisin/pecan cookies (the last of the batch that got lost in the freezer and I discovered last night when I was cleaning it out to accomodate the rest of the ham and the breads and pies I'll be baking today and over the next few days). You tell me what she chose!
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1230 during her morning stint in the bathroom: Fairly good volume; good consistency, a few shit rocks; fairly easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

Non-stat Lunch
    The smell of all-day baking chiseled Mom's nap to almost nothing. When she awoke the primary aroma was of the pumpkin/apple/walnut bread; I sliced a decent piece of it for her lunch and joined her.
    My intention is to let her blood sugar do what it wants, today. Out of curiosity, though, I will be measuring it at dinner. As usual, even if it's high, as I'm sure it will be, no action will be taken.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2009
    Reading:  185
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Our Christmas Dinner consisted of: Slices of Honey Baked Ham simmered with in-its-own-juice pineapple slices; a nuked yam which Mom insisted on slathering with real sweet cream unsalted butter, which I've got around for baking; very lightly steamed asparagus with my extraordinary, easy Hollandaise sauce. After dinner we were both full so I suggested that we either have dessert later or put it off entirely for some other day. "The pies will keep," I said.
    "We'll have it later tonight," Mom insisted. Thus, a couple hours later I sliced the pumpkin pie. I offered to sweeten and whip some heavy cream. Much to my surprise, my mother refused this. Considering how late we had dessert, my guess is that her blood glucose will be roaring with sweet pleasure in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home