Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1229
    Reading:  12
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    I can't imagine why her blood glucose is so high. I even asked her if she awoke in the middle of the night without my realizing and ate something. She said no and our pristine kitchen supported this. Maybe the furosemide raises her blood glucose and I've never before noticed this. I'll keep this in the back of my mind and try to remember to look for this during future administrations of this medication.
    Breakfast was normal except that Honey Baked Ham was substituted for bacon.

Non-stat Lunch
    Because it was a slow, late starting day, I think, Mom decided all she wanted for lunch was coffee. I indulged her, knowing that she is more in need of fluids today than food. She drank two 14 oz cups of coffee, at her request, before dinner.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2007
    Reading:  84
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2005
    BP:  111/64
    Pulse:  65

    Well, that's better, all the way around.
    For dinner I served sauerkraut simmered with chopped kielbasa and grilled garlic cheese bread made with whole wheat French bread. Mmmmm!
    I asked Mom around 2200 if she was interested in something else to eat, or dessert, maybe, apple pie, for instance. She declined.
    She retired at 2315. Her light went out at 2340.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home