Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1125
    Reading:  117
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1140
    BP:  148/74
    Pulse:  58
  Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1146
    BP:  157/74
    Pulse:  56

    Well, goodness! Her blood glucose is a surprise! So, frankly, is her blood pressure. I decided to do a morning monitoring stint, mainly because, as I've mentioned before, I've been concerned that her sleeping schedule compressed the delivery of her medication. By the time she has breakfast she's gone a good 16 hours without any medication. This isn't a problem with her blood sugar but I've been wondering if it is a problem with her blood pressure. It appears as though it is. I'm going to give it a few more days then make a decision about whether to give her an extra 5 mg lisinopril just before bed. That might do the trick. You'll notice I took it twice. I do this in order to determine how much of a high reading is irritation that I'm deigning to take her BP in the morning and how much is high BP. Morning is rarely a good time to take her BP, since, despite her naturally always good mood, all our morning activities irritate the shit out of her, regardless of the tone of her morning. When her systolic drops by at least 10 points within a few minutes, I know the problem is irritation. When is rises, as it did this morning, I know it's on a genuine high run. I'll put her through at least one more morning reading before I decide to give her extra lisinopril before bed.
    Again we had what could be considered her normal holiday breakfast: Ham with her egg. Once again, I gave her a choice of toast or pumpkin/apple/walnut bread. No surprise: She chose the sweet bread, slathered with sweet butter.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1430: Very good volume; excellent consistency, no shit rocks; easy elimination; fairly easy clean-up.

Lunch
    Although her nap was, again, abbreviated, she wasn't interested in food until a little over an hour after she awakened. I think this is probably connected with higher blood sugar, usually kicking in from having something sweet at breakfast, which happened this morning. When she finally decided she was "a little hungry", at about 1700 as I clicked in the news for her, all she wanted was cottage cheese; not even any of MCS's bread & butter pickles, which was a surprise.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1931
    Reading:  115
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Well, I'm impressed! Her body is managing sugar very well! My cold has taken away my appetite so I was not particularly dinner oriented. To my surprise, Mom decided against ham. I found one left-over, frozen serving of that chicken concoction, heated it and that satisfied her.
    I want to note that her thirst seems to have been operating well, today, too. Her body is probably making up for all the water she lost due to the furosemide.
    She was a lively companion this evening. Bedtime occurred at 2330, after M*A*S*H and a good half hour of conversation. Her light went out almost immediately after she retired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home