Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1105
    Reading:  124
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    I didn't wait for her to awaken on her own, this morning. At 1100 I was in her room running my finger teasingly down her arm, gently calling her. She wasn't completely game but she didn't lag, much, either. she asked me why I was calling her. "Do we have somewhere to go today?"
    Yes, I told her. Breakfast. Doing her hair; remember on Tuesday I got some Scalpicin to try?
    "It's awfully cloudy. You aren't planning on making me go out, are you?"
    I hadn't thought of it but I certainly won't now.
    "Well, then, what's the occasion?"
    You're alive. It's the beginning of another day.
    "Oh. You're in that kind of a mood, again. Okay. I guess I'd better get up."
    Breakfast was normal, except kielbasa was substituted for bacon.
    I forgot to mention that last night just before she when I was in the bathroom with her helping her change into her pajamas I noticed that she seemed a little too warm. I took her temporal arterial temperature: 100.9°F. I have no idea why it was that high. She doesn't seem to be sick, although she's been a little slow and not ver enthusiastic lately. I gave her an adult buffered aspirin with 8 oz water before she retired. This morning I took her temporal arterial temperature after she'd settled in the bathroom to await her bath: 99.0°F. Whatever was irritating her system seems to have abated, at least for now.
    I must mention, it is very hard to get out of the habit of wanting to know what her blood pressure is. I'm going to try to get through this entire day without taking it; maybe wait until tomorrow evening. She seems fine, no particular reason to take it until then. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Lunch
    After awakening from a very short nap at a little after 1700, she had what, for her, is a "power lunch": V-8 juice, about 3/4 cup of small curd 4% milk fat cottage cheese and about 1/2 cup of MCS's Bread & Butter pickles.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1953
    Reading:  127
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    I did it! I kept my scruffy little hands off the BP wrist cuff! Her blood sugar looks good, considering the pickles she had for lunch.
    For dinner we had half a red bell pepper apiece stuffed with a rice/sausage/tomato basil sauce/sauteed fresh garlic, onions, celery and green pimiento stuffed olives mixed with a freshly grated Parmesan and some Greek/Italian dressing. Delicioso!
    She officially retired at about 2330 but, well, see the post for 12/09/05 over at The Mom & Me Journals to see what happened after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home