Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1425
    Reading:  96
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    For the reason why I let her sleep in so long today, check out the (only) post for 12/09/05 I checked on her every half hour from 1100 until she gave me the "Hi!" sign.
    Breakfast was normal, although, concerned about her lack of bowel movements lately, I gave her an extra two tsp of Benefiber®.

BM Non-stat Lunch
    Yes, she attempted to take a nap. I think the nap thing is automatic. She didn't try this until about 1800 and was down only about a half hour.
    "I couldn't sleep," she told me when she wandered into the living room."
    "Gee, I wonder why," I said.
    She had a healthy lunch at about 1845: cottage cheese, V-8 juice and MCS's bread & butter pickles.
    The Bowel Movement I'd been anticipating occurred before she tried to nap, at about 1630: Excellent volume; slick, fiberous consistency (no wonder, I've been loading her with dietary fiber over the last 36 hours) but still good; very easy elimination; easier clean-up than I expected, although fairly smeary.

Non-stat Dinner
    Dinner, tonight, was a drawn out affair from lunch until about 2100, when the last thing she ate was a grilled sharp yellow cheddar cheese sandwich and finished off the last of MCS's Bread & Butter pickles with it. I was never sure when to take her blood glucose so I decided to forget it.
    Between her official lunch and the cheese sandwich she also had a glass of orange juice and some carrot sticks and radishes.
    She retired at 0030 December 10th (yes, I'm pre-dating this). She read a long time. Her light went out just as I was gathering up my stuff and heading to bed at 0100. I expect tomorrow will be a somewhat livelier day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home