Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1112
    Reading:  106
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    I awoke her at 1030 when I returned from a Costco run. She asked for an extra half hour. I didn't have a problem with this, since she retired around 0100 this morning.
    Breakfast consisted of bulk sausage with her egg scrambled into it, seasoned with MPBIL's Southwestern Fire seasoning and a cherry danish. She mentioned last night before bed that she'd like me to make muffins for breakfast. I didn't have time, this morning, since I was directing Mr. Everything, who did some work for us today, and needed to make the Costco run, so at Costco I picked up some danish to freeze. She was thrilled.

Lunch
    Lunch happened, with no nap between breakfast and lunch, at a little after 1700: two slices (about two ounces) of sharp yellow cheddar, six green pimiento stuffed olives and two large radishes with coffee. She didn't want any V-8 juice. I honored her request.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2013
    Reading:  98
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2011
    BP:  121/53
    Pulse:  55

    Yep, I decided to take her blood pressure tonight. I was very relaxed about it and very pleased with the result. I think I'll plan on taking it every other day, usually in the evening but occasionally in the morning or at lunch, just to see how we're doing, unless other symptoms cause me concern.
    Tonight we had a concoction that I jury rigged from a recipe Mom and seen in a magazine, ripped out and in which she'd expressed some interest. It was successful. Essentially, it was a casserole containing freshly roasted turkey breast, loads of fresh chopped vegetables (carrots, onions, celery and green pepper), some frozen peas, a can of cream of celery soup and some sour cream, baked together for about a half hour and seasoned with a little Worchestershire sauce and half a lemon. I thought it was a little dry and not very flavorful. Mom was pleased with it, although she said she'd probably like it just as well with my suggestion of extra herbs and Worchestershire sauce. We discussed trying it again with tuna and home made cheese sauce and chicken with cream of mushroom soup. It was easy enough to cobble together, so it will probably become a dinner mainstay.
    No extra meds. Only a very short, unsuccesful attempt at a nap. She retired at 2230, earlier than usual but not worrisome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home