Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1334
    Reading:  104
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Yep, very late awakening this morning. I started on her at 1130, worked on her every half hour and was finally successful at 1330. I don't blame her, really. It was cloudy, today, even with the blinds open little light came into her bedroom. As well, I retired at almost 0200 this morning. Soon after I settled into bed I noticed Mom heading for the bathroom. I arose, we changed her underwear and she went back to bed. Then at 0330 I was awakened by the sound of a door. She was in the bathroom again. I headed in to assist her again. Then at around 0600 she was up again. Each time she peed. Each time I checked her underwear. Only one change was necessary during those times, although when she finally consented to arise at 1330 her bed and pajamas were soaked. Each time I asked her if she was okay. She was. She not only confirmed this for me but I could tell. Just a busy, uncomfortable night, I guess. Because of all the interruptions I, myself, didn't decide to arise until 0930.
    Breakfast was what has become normal in the last few days, which includes a sweet roll. Because I was concerned about Mom returning to her normal BM schedule, as well, I added an extra tsp. of Benefiber to her O.J. I did this, though, before she had a bowel movement during her bath (I always have everything prepared, except what is to be cooked, ahead of breakfast). Considering the details of her Bowel Movement, I think the addition was justified: Fair volume; rock shit (although fairly large rocks) consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

Non-stat Lunch
    Considering Mom's very late arising, thus a short event horizon for her day, what I guess could be called lunch happened at around 1800 and consisted of 3/4 of a 3.5 oz bag of popcorn. That's all she wanted.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2105
    Reading:  215
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2103
    BP:  124/64
    Pulse:  57

    In case you're wondering, I'm not alarmed about her high blood glucose. I was wondering when those breakfast sweet rolls were going to become a bit of a load for her sluggish insulin uptake receptors. Seems we've hit the limit. She should be fine tomorrow.
    It also seems that taking her BP every other day is going to work splendidly.
    Tonight for dinner I gave her a choice between potato soup with the usual additions and macaroni and cheese with the usual additions. She chose the latter. Yes, it's high in refined carbohydrates and will be a bit of a challenge for her blood gluose but she'll have her medication and all night to work it out.
    We were both unexplainably beat in the evening. We both retired at 2200. I noticed that her light went out at 2230. I'll probably start my arousal process on her at 1030 tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home