Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1206
    Reading:  102
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Slightly abnormal breakfast: She had another sweet roll, since her body handled it so well yesterday. No additional meds.

Lunch
    Lunch occurred, as usual, after yet another short nap. I've been surprised and pleased that she seems to be ready to arise soon after laying down. She claimed, today, that she didn't sleep; she was down less than half an hour.
    Lunch was pretty much the same as yesterday minus the radishes.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2007
    Reading:  65
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Whoa! I guess it's a good thing that she had a sweet roll at breakfast. I can't imagine how low her blood glucose might have gone if she hadn't.
    I served her a luscious dinner: 6 oz marinated rib-eye grilled to what she considers perfection (a little more done that I prefer) slathered with her favorite Original A-1 sauce; a hefty side salad full of a variety of fresh vegetables including brocolli slaw, Bermuda onions, greens (excluding iceberg lettuce), radishes, carrots and green pepper with her favorite home made Ranch dressing. She ate all but about a spoonful of the salad.
    I am also pleased to report that she was up until a little after midnight. Sometimes she and I talked, sometimes she read, there were a couple of Animal Planet shows she wanted to watch, one about gorillas and one about pandas. I was continuing work on networking our systems, trying to troubleshoot a necessarily download, muttering under my breath. At one point she asked what the problem was, I turned the computer toward her and with keen interest she watched me work while I explained what I was doing and she asked questions.
    Her days may currently be starting late but she is sleeping somewhat under 14 hours, which is a relief, and very alert. Her appetite is good, as well, and she's up and down a lot although she is continuing to refuse to go out. Friday we'll be going for a blood draw. It'll be interesting to see how she takes to our cool (high 40's to low 50's) but very sunny weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home