Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

BM Three Quarter Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1253
    Reading:  130
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1337
    BP:  149/71
    Pulse:  55

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2029
    Reading:  108
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Breakfast: Slightly off normal. Instead of orange juice I served 1/8 slice of Honeydew melon, which she loves and some gorgeous, fragrant ones of which Costco was selling yesterday. Thus, her first liquid was her detox tea and her second liquid was decaf coffee. Although she showed no signs of stiffness last night, this morning she was noticeably stiff and, before I got a chance to ask if she wanted me to substitute an adult buffered aspirin for her usual 81 mg dose, she picked up the little yellow 81 mg-er, asked if that was the aspirin, which I confirmed, and said, "I think I could use a bigger one, this morning." So, she got it.
    Today was definitely a rest and relaxation day. I didn't even have her walker in the house. The movies of which I spoke today over at the main journal arrived. We spent the evening, after her nap, watching two of them.
    Lunch: No V-8 juice. Just decaf coffee and peanuts.
    Dinner: We had planned on ordering take-out pizza from our favorite local joint, but, having spent most of the day in fleece lined sweats watching the wind outside and commenting on how cold it looked (we were snug and cozy inside, of course), she wanted "something stewy" for dinner. I still had two Marie Callendar pot pies in the freezer, so we had those.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1750: Fairly good volume; excellent consistency; very easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    She retired at 0015, 9/21/06. As I write this sentence, it is 0040 and her light has not yet gone out. I'll report back when it does. Light out at 0045.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home