Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Four Fifths Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1415
    Reading:  152
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1411
    BP:  123/68
    Pulse:  56

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1930
    Reading:  216
Blood Pressure:
    Time:Not taken

Late P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2316
    Reading:  208
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    So, we've reached the point where movement is definitely the key to controlling Mom's BG, now. I was curious about this, which is why I took her BG twice. Not a bad place to be, actually, but I shudder, a bit, when I think what'll happen when she decides she doesn't want to move. That's probably when a change of med will take place.
    Needless to say, today I was feeling horrible (see post for today at the main journal); I inadvertently slept until after noon, didn't care whether I got my mother moving, of which she took advantage, and let her call the shots regarding meals. The evidence of this is clear.
    Breakfast: Normal except for the addition of an eighth of a honeydew melon. I was going to substitute out the orange juice, but she out voted me and I didn't have the energy to argue.
    Standard two hour nap, despite her late arising.
    Just coffee for "lunch".
    Although it appears that dinner was earlier than usual, we actually ate about 2030. I took her stats and administered her pills before I picked up the take-out pizza we ordered. I was planning a less starchy meal, but she remembered our three day out pizza plan and I was, again, in no mood to argue. Besides, it smelled and tasted good and I needed something along these lines to stimulate my senses of smell, taste, and my appetite, all of which are suffering due to this damned cold. I gave her a third glipizide just before she retired.
    She retired at 2345. Lights out at 0015, 9/22/06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home