Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Today's Stats:

BM Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1144
    Reading:  106
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1203
    BP:  141/66
    Pulse:  52

    As you can see, I was feeling significantly better this morning and awoke Mom exactly 12 hours after she fell asleep last night.
    I'm not sure what to say about her blood pressure. The unit malfunctioned the first time and showed an error. I attributed it to the fact that Mom bent over and tried to pet The Little Girl while I was trying to take her blood pressure, as the battery registered OK. So, I had to take it a second time which, as you know, irritates Mom even more than having her blood pressure taken once in the morning does. However, I think I'll manage to get 20 mg of lisinopril in today as follows: 5 mg each at breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime. If that seems to do the trick, I'll begin, tomorrow, giving her 10 mg at breakfast and 10 mg at bedtime. I'll measure her BP both before breakfast and dinner just to see how she's doing on 20 mg per day.
    We reverted back to bacon for breakfast this morning, thank the gods. I was officially in ham-for-breakfast overload this morning. So, she had a completely normal breakfast. It could be that all the ham she's been consuming may have something to do with my imagining that she is retaining torso fluid...she probably is...and, as well, her lately higher blood pressures. Over the next few days we'll be slowly cutting back on salts and nitrites. I'm hoping this will show in lowered blood pressures. She gets a fair amount of sodium, anyway, since she's not on sodium restriction, and she does love breakfast meats, salad dressings, cheese, pickles and olives, A-1 steak sauce, popcorn, the normally salted V-8 juice and Worchestershire Sauce (the least sodium of offensive of anything in the list).     It could have been my imagination but it seemed to me that she looked a little puffy. However, at 1500 this afternoon she had a Bowel Movement. My guess is that she will probably no longer look "a little puffy" when she arises from her nap. BM stats: Good volume; excellent consistency; easy elimination; very easy clean-up.

Non-stat Lunch
    Typical light lunch at 1745: Cottage cheese (heavily peppered); MCS's Bread & Butter Pickles; coffee.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1952
    Reading:  105
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Dinner: Home made ham & bean soup with loads of vegetables, made with what was left of the Honey Baked ham.     Started administering 10 mg lisinopril morning and evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home