Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Today's Stats:

Breakfast
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1318
    Reading:  115
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1317
    BP:  137/64
    Pulse:  53

    Once again, my cold got the best of me and I couldn't face handling my mother until about 1300, so she got an extra hour + a little of sleep.
    Normal breakfast with Honey Baked Ham.

Non-stat Lunch
    She didn't nap as long as she has been napping lately, probably because I've been putting her on tanked oxygen during the day, as she's been indulging in a fair amount of mouth breathing. Her lunch took place at about 1645, just before the news: Cottage cheese, 6 pimiento stuffed green olives and 11.5 oz V-8 juice. I tried to coax a bit more on her, some cheese, maybe, or a slice of bread, because I wouldn't be able to feed her dinner until between 2100 and 2130, considering when she had her breakfast meds. She wasn't hungry enough for anymore than what she ate, though, so I kept her coffee cup full of fresh coffee throughout the evening.

Dinner
Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2101
    Reading:  100
Blood Pressure:
    Time:  2100
    BP:  138/60
    Pulse:  54

    I'm a little concerned about her blood pressure. I don't think she's retaining fluid in her torso, again, but I'm thinking I need to step her dosage up 5 more mg to 20 mg per day, administered in 10 mg doses at breakfast and bedtime. I'm going to give the 15 mg per day one more day, tomorrow, see how it goes and make a decision based on that.
    Yes, I know, I'm taking her blood pressure quite a bit. I didn't plan to do this, but considering how high it's registering in the morning, I continue to feel that I need to take it in the evening and, considering the results, it's probably a good thing that I am.
    For dinner she had our usual mac & cheese with extra meat, chopped onion, green pepper and celery. I was accidentally very liberal with the vegetables tonight but she didn't mention anything.
    She headed for bed at 2315 and read until 2345. I gave her 5 mg lisinopril just before bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home