Mom's Daily Tests & Meds: 2004 - 2006

Daily postings of Mom's in-home tests, administered medications, food eaten and the relationship among the three and her life.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Three Quarter Stats Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1305
    Reading:  126
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1338
    BP:  162/73
    Pulse:  54

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2108
    Reading:  123
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    I am thinking that MCS is right. I need to take her BP only a couple times a week. Mom was clearly irritated this morning when I took it and it shows. I seem to be addicted to taking it at least once a day, though. I always become tense just before I take it, anticipating her tenseness and, sure enough, she becomes tense. And irritated. Nasty cycle.
    Surprisingly, considering that we had another laid back day today (for details, see today's posts in the main journal), her BG is doing fine.
    Breakfast: Normal except for the substitution of an eighth of a honeydew melon instead of O.J. and her two "morning" liquids being detox tea and an equal amount of decaf coffee.
    Lunch: V-8 juice with 1 tsp Maharajah curry powder (I've run out of the sweet...must order some more) and her usual 1 oz bag of peanuts.
    Nap: 1630 - 1815, exactly.
    Dinner: Slices of very lean beef summer sausage which I get from a special deli up here; slices of caraway Havarti and jalapeno Dofino; 5 pickled (without sugar) asparagus spears; 3 green pimiento stuffed olives.
    She attempted to have a Bowel Movement at 2300 but was unsuccessful, so I gave her 2 Tbl Phillip's Milk of Magnesia and 8 oz water. Other than that, no extra meds for the day.
    She retired at 2320. Her light went out at 2335.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home